The second annual Washington Agriculture Leadership Experience took place in Prosser in July. The event gave 45 FFA members from throughout Washington the opportunity to work with and view the latest technology in agriculture and to network with many of our states agriculture industry leaders. The focus of the 2015 event was on Agriculture Careers with an emphasis on sales and technology.
The three day agriculture career event provided FFA members with the knowledge and skills needed to become better employees and more highly educated consumers.
A special thank you to our sponsors:
- Yakima Federal Savings and Loan Association
- Northwest Farm Credit Services
- Washington Wheat Foundation
- Washington Agriculture Center of Excellence
- Prosser School District for providing bus transportation and lunch
Also, our deepest appreciation to the individuals and companies who provided hands on learning experiences and tours:
- Yakima Valley Community College Agriculture Department
- Yakama Indian Nation
- Columbia Crest Winery
- Washington State University Irrigated Agriculture, Research and Extension Center
- Wilbur-Ellis Company
- Washington State University Agricultural Education Department